View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Originally Posted by litehorse View Post
so glad to hear from you, angelic, and celebrating you and your son's recovery with you! i loved the part about hearing a growing young man on the phone when he calls now - i so understand how the phone brings stress and bad news into our lives when a loved one is in active addiction - continue taking one day at a time - blessings

Litehorse, it's so true. Every time I saw my sons name come up on my cell phone, I would tremble. I was so terrified. Any call from Florida was a horror for me. I never knew what would be behind the call. My son is clean for one year now, and believe me he was still in the Me Me Me I I I mode for the first few months. But gradually he started to become calmer, and more understanding. I was explaining to him that when my husband said no to him coming back here how much it bothered me. My sons reply was this, Mom he was 100% right. All he saw was an addicted loser, up all night, sleeping all day, or at least trying to get away with that in your house. Smoking cigarettes in and out the back door 100 times a day and night, no job, cleaning nothing. He said, Don't be upset with him, he was right all along mom. That totally amazed. My son has emotionally finally turned into a 30 year old young man. I pray every day that he stays clean. I know that an addict can slip after decades. I will never stop worrying.

Thank You so much for caring and reading my post. I will continue to sign on. I have missed every one of the people here.
Sending you all of GOD'S BLESSINGS.