View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Thank You to all of you who have taken the time to reply to my post. I appreciate this so much. It makes me realize how much love I have for all of you, and how much I have missed you all. I didn't sign on for a while because I was so busy, and part of me didn't want to remember the trauma I had gone through with my son. I don't take my sons recovery for granted, because I know how cunning and sneaky addiction is. In other words, I am still troubled and worried about him. Because my brother was clean for 6 years, and then he died from an overdose of heroin. I'm trying to live in the day, and just for today my son is soooooo good. I wish every mother on this site a healing for themselves and their children. I know first hand how difficult this family disease is. It's the worst thing I have ever been through. And believe me, I've been through so much in my life. Losing my older brother to heroin 13 years ago was total devastation also. But, when it came to my only child, the pain was unreal. It was worse. There was no escaping the heartache. I was consumed. But, I never gave up on him. And I never will.

Ann... I love you....You have been a rock of strength and hope for me. You have wisdom and compassion far above and beyond so many others. You have inspired me since day 1. Thank You for being you. Your very special. Always helping me, teaching and encouraging me. Your a blessing. I appreciate you more than you know.

Kindeyes... I love you 2. You are one of the nicest, sweetest people on this site. When I came off tough because of worry and fright due to guns and drugs. You forgave me instantly. That is a sure sign that GOD holds you in the palm of his hand. He works in your life and He will work miracles with your son. I know the wait is really tough, but it's in GOD'S time. Not ours. I thought I would die while waiting for my son to clean up. I almost did. Don't let that happen to you. You are very loved by me and many others. Thank You for your love and friendship. It means alot. Please try to stay strong. I know it's really hard. I'm always here if you need a friend. <3 <3 <3

Impurfect.....You should change your name to perfect friend. You have always been here for me. Through thick and thin, and I am so grateful to you for your constant love and support. You have given me encouragement and hope through the darkest of times. You have shared your own addictions and demons and helped me to realize that there is always hope. Thank You for that. Your a perfect angel in my eyes.

Chicory... I still pray for your son to get his act together. I know how much you love that kid, but sometimes we can love our children to death. There has to be a breaking point for you. I hope you find it. Because if you don't and if nothing has changed. Then you will continue to live in the hell of his addiction. He is a grown man, and I understand a mothers love. Don't give up on him, ever. But don't let him run over you and hold you prisoner in your own home. His life is not more important than your own. It took me 28 years to realize that with my own son. GOD BLESS YOU and give you strength to stand by your son without enabling him. Hugs

Sunshine2... You are just that. A bright ray of sunshine through all of the clouds of despair. Your words are always warm and caring. It feels good to read your reply to my posts. It's nice to see that you always care. Thank You so much.

Lightseeker....Thank You for always being there for me. You have encouraged me more than you will ever know. You have shone your light on everyone on this site. I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves you here. Your a good person.

Sojourner.....As you know...I have been and probably still am in the same situation with you when it comes to our boys. I will pray for your son. I always do. Every day when I send up my rosary, I pray for every addict, whether in active addiction, or recovery. I don't know and remember every childs name, but GOD knows who they are. So not a day goes by that I don't pray for your son. Thank You for always being here for me. We can hold each other up, when we are at our lowest points. My sons recovery is hope to all of the other moms who are still watching their kids suffer and ruin their lives. My son went to 7 rehabs. I chased him for years. Dragged him out of a crack house at 3 am by his hair. Banged the door down, and could have been killed by the drug dealers in Coney Island Brooklyn N.Y. Today my son is clean and the manager of ADT alarm company. I didn't berate or critisize him, when he was using. I loved him unconditionally without enabling. He was not allowed back to live with me after he left to get high. Saying NO was so hard for me, to be honest it tore my heart out. But, I kept my word. I meant it when I said if you get high, you can't come back here. Sticking to my guns made him realize that it's time to get clean. And he did. I wish the same for your boy.

Keepinon.....I remember the hell you went through with your daughter. I prayed and prayed for that young girl to get clean. She was so young and beautiful, and it bothered me so much. I wanted to go and grab her myself. I remember the week that I started praying for her, that was the week that she went to rehab. I sure hope she is still clean and on the right track. If not, never give up on her, EVER, because there is always hope. Helping and addict, doesn't mean we have to enable them. Please let me know how your daughter is doing? I care.

Sorry this is so long, if I left anyone out, I apologize. Signing back on feels so good because of all of the love that I have recieved here. I really missed you all, and didn't realize it until just now. Your all like family to me. It's good to be with other people who totally understand the pain, without judgement. Thank You again to all of you.