View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sandrawg

What is a Godbox? I heard it mentioned at the meeting I went to last night but wasn't sure what it is.

Originally Posted by kittykitty View Post
Hi sandrawg,
I'm a big fan of the Godbox, or burning them like TC said. I like to do something tangible, makes me feel like I am doing something instead of just sitting there and taking it. I also have my sponsor from alanon read things. That way I feel better knowing that someone got to see it, even if it wasn't him.

It's so hard to avoid the temptation of reading emails and listening to voice mails when you know you shouldn't. Even knowing that nothing good is going to come of it, I still find myself so curious that I have to see what is being said. Now, I think to myself, "whatever I find in this email, what am I going to do about it? Am I going to respond? (no- been no contact for a month now) Is it going to change anything? (no-it's all the same stuff he has told me time and time again, and never followed through on) Am I going to give him another chance? (no, absolutely not). Is it going to upset me, or steal my serenity? (YES, the answer is always yes.) So why bother looking at it?

90% of the time this works. Sometimes if I am having a bad day, I succumb to the pressure, the curiosity, and always end up regretting it. That's how he sucked me back in the first two times, caught me at a moment of weakness, and I read an email, and believed everything he said. I have to be stronger now, and I know you can be too!

Hope this helps in some way, keep writing those letters, I think it's healthy to get it all out that way. I know people have posted their letters on here before, and received validation and understanding about their feelings from others, which helps, especially because they knew that they wouldn't have received those things from the intended recipient. As you can tell, on this forum we love to read!