View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Son has been clean for 1 year now

Hello to all of my old friends, and the newcomers to Sober-Recovery. I haven't been on this site for a couple of months. I'm very proud to say that my son Joseph has 1 year clean this May. I am finally starting to heal from the trauma. Those who know me here, know that I was so devastated over my son using drugs, that I lost to much weight, didn't eat or sleep for a few years, and lost alot of my long healthy hair. Looking back in hindsite, I was very sick and broken down. I was afraid my only child would die, or be a junkie. I ran ragged trying to change him, it didn't work. Only he could do that, and I wasn't willing to let go. He's my boy and I love him.

It took a long time for me to bounce back. I am now eating and sleeping well, because I know that my son is alright. It's been 2 months since my hair stopped falling out. My son is doing remarkable. He is working a full time job. He has become so serene and peaceful. I used to be frightened when I saw his number in my phone. Now I hear an intelligent growing young man. I am so grateful to have my boy back. Thank you to all of my friends and to everyone who comforted me, and walked me through those devastating times. I prayed and prayed, and still pray the rosary every day. Not only for my son, but for every addict who suffers with addiction.
One day at a time people. And just for today, all is well here. I wish the same for you.

I myself will have 7 years clean of Vicodins in the end of May.
Time flies. It feels so good to be free.
I wish every addict both using and in recovery strength and peace to do the next right thing. Never let your guard down. Addiction is like a snake that's always right there. It's in the grass where you can't even see it, and it's waiting to strike. Never think your cured, no matter how many years you are clean. Because it's always there. The longer your clean the easier it gets, but it's always a thought. Stay Strong everyone. Your always in my prayers. Thank You again for all of the Love,Support, and Encouragement that I have recieved here. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Love and Peace to all of you.