View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Babyblue

I see it like anything else, some of us have more sensitivity and compassion than others. This board is no different. But when you are dealing with such sensitive topics, yes those words can sting more and carry more weight IF YOU LET THEM. (I typed all caps because it looked hella powerful not because I am shouting.. so that is the kind of stuff I am referring to, interpetation is subjective).

It is sort of like triage here: A quick assessment of the problems from a wide range of views but the real healing happens somewhere else. Only you can protect yourself from internalizing what you percieve as negativity from strangers.

Some people I can relate to, others I cannot. I try to chose my words carefully but others type what is off the top of their heads. It is like anywhere else when a large group of people come together for a shared reason.

We aren't going to all agree & we aren't all going to like one another. Whenever I come across feedback that is acidic, I see it more as a challenge to my thinking than a personal attack. They don't know 'me' I don't know 'them', they are simply conveying their thoughts.

There are F/F boards that seem to be a bit 'softer' but they also don't have the breadth of knowledge or range of people posting that SR does. It is what it is.