View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Oh yeah, deep breaths.

I know all too well how you feel right now. The adrenaline rushing through your veins... fight or flight is full on. It's nauseating to have those discussions. It's so sad how quickly serenity is lost when we get sucked into the dance.

As Anvilhead said, it's not about having two beers... it's about the whole pattern/cycle of alcohol abuse. I danced that dance for years and years with my AH. The whole - Binge, I'm sorry, Abstinence, then Moderation... then right back to full on Binge. It's tiring. And I stepped back and SAW the cycle - and saw - "Yeah, it's only two beers... " right now... but at any moment, it slides down that slippery slope to a place neither of us likes being.

It's OKAY to want what you want. It's OKAY to not want active drinking in your life. What he's trying to do is persuade you into accepting something that's not acceptable to you... and guess what? It doesn't feel right to you... because IT'S NOT RIGHT.

Time to let go of the conversation with him... go outside, take a deep breath and smell a flower or two. Get the focus back on you, and put things back into perspective. Dive head first back into your program!