View Single Post
Old 02-24-2002, 10:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SylvryMoon
Paused

Wendy,
Great! An outpatient program is a good place to go for the education. . . because we certainly need to educate ourselves on the damage done by alcohol and drugs. And while you're doing the outpatient, remember to say your prayers and thank God for the opportunity to recover, go to meetings, get a sponsor and listen to what she says. You have to do the hard work yourself, but it is SO worth it!!

Don,
I have read most of your posts, on this board, and the NA board. I know you've been having a hard time with the whole recovery process, but I can also see that you really want it. It's more than letting your wife and kids down - it's killing you, slowly but surely. I also see hope in your postings -- and that's a very good thing, because there is hope out there. We just have to grab onto it, and stay close to God and the program.
Don, you say you've had your last drunk. But I hear a lot of future-thinking in that statement. Tell yourself you're staying sober, just for today, just for now, just for these 5 minutes, and then go on to the next 5 minutes. It's the only way to make it through. Sometimes I tell myself that if I make it through today, I can drink tomorrow. But you know what?! I wake up the next day, clear headed, happy and grateful to be sober, productive at work, happy in my relations with friends and co-workers, and I don't WANT that drink! But leaving the open option of drinking "tomorrow" is a good one for me, and hopefully "tomorrow" will never come. But that's future-thinking too, and I just want to stay in today - sober, happy and healthy.

Good luck and God Bless both Don and Wendy. We're all in this together!