View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Francismcan View Post
The greatest gift that one can give another is the truth.
The one receiving the truth gets to complain about the messenger and not hear the message.
There is some medicine that cannot be taken with a spoon full of sugar.

I don't want medicine with sugar. And I am not ignoring the message and complaining about the messenger. In fact I am saying that the messages I've received from a vast minority on here that are bothersome to me are helping me see that those who preach the loudest that they are in recovery tend to be those whose behaviors show it the least.

Those who would call abusive behavior the truth (which both parents and AH all have- draw whatever parallels you want between that and the references I made to private messages I received that were out of line) do so because it justifies continuing that behavior.

Plenty of people have offered direct, truthful advice and perspective on here and I have appreciated it. When people start sentences with "I know you think..." that's not my truth. That's theirs. That's what I have a problem with. Those who write messages to others analyzing and bashing me and drawing conclusions NOT based on facts or anything I've ever said are not telling my truth. They are telling a distorted version of a truth that serves a purpose for them.

I lived with this all my life. It's easy to see it and I really shouldn't be surprised that I am getting the same response here from a select few that I received from my AH and parents for years.

What I am interested in understanding is how it is that my AH's behavior is called quacking when he says things like some of the things said to me around here lately but when the same, verbatim things are said by those claiming to be in "recovery" it's "truth". WOW!