View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
seekanswers

looking for advice

I won't go into the long details but about two months ago my girlfriend and I had a fight about her drinking. She drinks about 3/4 to a bottle of wine a night and does it usually within an hour to 1-1/2 hrs. She says she does it to cope and she says she doesn't have a problem. The next day she called and said all this stuff about having a problem, not knowing when to stop, having friends that drink a lot and it is causing problems in our relationship. She said she was going to stop, and I was happy but skeptical because this has happened before. Well she did stop, but for four days. Then she said that it was okay if she had a drink now and then. then it was back to her normal drinking. She says it is okay because we don't fight. But when she drinks I don't talk to her because her disposition changes and sometimes her common sense goes out the window and because I am just frustrated about the whole thing.

My question is: does she have a problem or is it me. I think I know the answer but I guess I need some reinforcement. I don't know what to do. I know I can't make her stop. I am thinking about alanon too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.