Thread: New to Posting
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fedup3

New to Posting

I've been lurking around this forum now for months and decided to finally introduce myself.

Ok, where do I start. I've been married to AH now for 39 years (endurance runs in my family) he's abusive (physically and emotionally) has not worked for more than half of our marriage, unemployed now for the last 2 1/2 years, drinks all day and watches TV. Then 3 years ago my recovery started when he tried to strangle me. He was strongly persuaded to get into detox and then rehab by the police and my two adult children. I got a lawyer but got cold feet when he got out and he said guess what? I'll never drink again! Well that was the first of 3 emergency room visits, 2 detox stints and 2 stays in rehab. Went back again to the same lawyer and backed out again. What do they say about 3 is the charm? I went recently to the same lawyer (I'm sure she thinks I'm nuts) and filed for divorce. He will be getting the papers soon who knows maybe today. I use to think he was the way he is because of the AL but finally realized it's not alcohol I don't like it's him. He knows I'm divorcing him (I tell at least 20x a day, my lawyer told me to do that so it would sink into his pickled brain) and since then all kinds of secrets over the years that he has done are coming out in the open.

I have mixed emotions right now, excited to be free of him and concerned about being lonely. But I keep remembering what someone told me if I get lonely go get a cat or a dog.