View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

Lots of good things to read here tonight!

GFCO, I don't think there's anything uncomfortable someone can post here—and thank god for that, because having an emotional safehouse like this has been critical for me. Good for you and your fiance. Sounds like a tough night turned out to be a blessing. Good reminder in there for me of why even when things seem terrible, there's a good chance drinking will make it worse. Thanks for sharing that.

MGF, thanks to you for your posts too. Guess it's easy to get so caught up in my own scene, and forget that we all have our own struggles. And at least no one was telling me "I am thinking not"... lol, VC, I've been thinking about that comment all day—I would have totally lost it! Why does that totally push a button for me? I need to try some of Soph's compassionate Buddhist Jedi mind tricks.... deep breath... letting go now...

MJ, glad to read your follow-ups. I look it as the Catch 22 of alcohol: the more I want a drink, the clearer it is why I can't have one. Besides, who needs it? I hope you're having a great b-day night. You have a lot to celebrate!

BF, you're doing great. How's week No. 2 shaping up? Any sign of Mr. Wonderful? Maybe we could hook him up with one of VC's dinner guests, and they could become the Adam and Eve of a race of people with superhuman powers to annoy... (Can you tell I watched a couple Twilight Zone episodes last night? Looks like I have time for a couple more tonight!)

Lala salama, everyone.