View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
ViciousCycle
perpetual optimist

R&A and Soph.......Sorry you had a rough day...I think everyone feels that way, especially around the holidays. But I don't think it is just a parenthood thing. My dad is in Florida and have a brother in New England.........that's it. Period. End of family. Many years(most years) I have been by myself during the holidays......not even a kid to visit with. I get what you are feeling. I really do. I almost wish I had the day alone yesterday.......

Example of my lovely dinner:

His parents were there, I like them and they are courteous.
Brat daughter #1.........arrives 45 minutes late.......she walks in and I have to get up and get her a plate and drink,etc.........no thank you, not sorry I am late..........nothing. I made a joke about something a little while later, she says flatly "I don't know what that means..." Making me look like an ahole........
Daughter #2 shows up and hour late.......same routine on the plates.........I asked if she wanted some pork loin......a sarcastic "I am thinking not!" She repeated this catch-phrase several times over her dinner. Are manners not taught anymore? What happened to "no thank you?????????"
Oh and those cute cupcakes? Neither one would have anything to do with them. "I hate those..." Very ungrateful young women........quite frankly it hurt my feelings.....I was happy to see them leave........
With that, I need to let it go....not my deal.

So.......I would have given anything to be by myself, to have the day to call my own.......

Wow.......I must have had that all bottled up, ha? LOL.............thanks for letting me vent!

Glad you guys made the weekend. I thought about some wine with dinner...........for all of 2 seconds..........thankfully it went away as quickly as it arrived.....

BF, don't let that dude in class bug ya. Do you sit near him? Ask him if he wants to go skydiving and then....well...you know. he he.

Well, have a good Monday everyone!!!