View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bevin

Nancy - Don't worry...I'm dealing with some of the same things. Honestly, it is really difficult to be around people when all of this stuff comes up and you feel like you have to coast right along just as if nothing's happening.

Repeat after me - you don't have to put on a happy face all the time. Neither do I. Actually, I had this huge moment of insecurity earlier on when I joined this forum. I posted something pretty depressing and I thought - Oh sh*t...nobody wants to hear that. Nobody's going to want to talk to you if you're such a downer all the time.

Totally untrue - totally my own stuff. We all know it gets tough sometimes so don't worry about it. I'll be sending vibes your way tonight.

TOI - Glad you're back. Burnout is something that'll get you every time for sure. It used to be the only way I could have a 'break', but I'm getting used to it a bit more now. Also, fear has been a great motivator for me in the past little while...fear of the return of the anxiety that alcohol produces. I have enough anxiety with moving right now, and I sure don't need any more.

When all that's over and I settle into a routine is where I have to watch out. Regarding the knitting thing - I totally understand your logic there. I'm a bit of a type A myself, so I need to find a meditative hobby like that. Too clumsy to knit unfortunately - I'd probably end up knitting my hands together and none of you would ever hear from me again.

Regarding filling up the space in my life...I'm sure that will happen if I'm patient, but I'm still a victim of the dreaded brain fog. It's not nearly as bad as it was, but it's still there. Reading is good though - especially if it's light material. The first book I bought for my Kindle was a Stephen King story about a haunted Kindle...how nerdy is that?

LauraS - I'm so sorry about your dog. That's when you really wish they could talk - so they could tell you what's going on. Keep us updated.

Frances - Hope you have an awesome weekend!

PBC - Dinner sounds great - I'll be over at 6.

I slept a LOT during the first little while as well. I watched tons of movies. I figured - why not? I feel sick and I deserve a little time in bed.

I'm still waiting for the creative urge to hit, but I haven't been trying to force it. Honestly, this brain fog kind of gets in the way of that stuff. I'm going to try to write some new songs next week though...I'm curious to see whether it'll turn out to be a fun experience. Maybe the key is just not to expect anything out of it.

Oh...just had to comment.. living with 5 girls just out of high school? Instant disaster. I hope that doesn't give me nightmares tonight.