View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
not only is he lying like a rug....he is being a really LAZY drunk....and disrespectful, using grandmas quilt and your antique trunk....

he doesn't have enough energy to remove the bottles from the house??? he hides them among the linens????

if it were me finding them i would have gathered them in a bag with his clothes and put them next to his car, change the locks and tell your children's therapist you are DONE with the bull-balony. what she is saying is "good" for them is actually making your life harder than it has to be, obviously she has not lived it....take that with a grain of salt and follow your instincts.

one thing i did not do was hide my drinking, (except from worrying about what the recycle man thought of me and move around to different liquor stores).
He's always been really lazy about his hiding-- I mean, he'd covertly dispose of some stuff but then be lazy about leaving others laying around. When I'd say something he'd have stories that were incredulous to all but him about how "old" the cans/bottles were. Or he'd play the "you're crazy, that's been there forever-- you're imagining things" game until I believed I WAS crazy.

Seeing those bottles in MY trunk, on top of MY quilt from MY grandmother (my mother's parents were the only people in my life as a kid who 'protected' me so I have a lot of heartfelt, sentimental feelings attached to things I have from them) is what made me say I'm done.

So, maybe it's good that he is lazy and disrespectful re: his drinking bc otherwise I might have stayed on the ride longer and I am glad to be getting off!

Other hiding spots- in the bathroom next to the girls bath toys, in the closet that CD's and cleaning supplies are kept in, under the bed, in a soccer bag left on top of my sewing machine just begging for me to find it and be upset (instead, when I did find it I just sat it on the counter and said nothing), the shed that the girls outdoor toys and bikes are in, his car (including the floor of the car in front of the girls car seats). Just to name a few.