View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
LauraS

Hello Marchers. Four weeks for me today. I have to say, as days go, this has been a pretty cr*ppy one. Actually, the whole week has been bad. One of my dogs, the senior boy, has gotten very sick (again). He's got an assortment of chronic issues but his bloodwork yesterday showed some liver problems so we did an aspiration of his liver and the results are strongly suggestive of cancer. I love this dog with all my heart and have been through h*ll and back trying to keep him healthy with his chronic disease, and today I get this news.

So of course I wanted to drink all this away. Wouldn't you? But I e-mailed a sober friend who wrote back and said "you don't want to use <dog's name>'s illness as an excuse to drink, do you? How will you feel about yourself after he's gone for doing that? Is that a way to honor him?

She's right, of course. It would be a cr*ppy thing to do, and so I resisted the urge even though I had to go out and buy supplements for him and, of course, the wine is right there in the store.

So I'm sorry to make this all about me tonight, but it's a pretty awful night. I hope everyone is okay.