Old 04-20-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by GettingBy View Post
Absolutely!!! I have realized lately that my HP brought me back to SR because there were people here now that were exactly what I needed to help keep me moving forward. I find so much strength and reassurance in so many posts lately... I actually find myself nodding as I'm reading. It's good to know... I'M NOT CRAZY.

I couldn't have said it better!

And it's good to have a save place to go for a "reality check". It keeps me honest and helps keep me from (or at least minimizes) backsliding in my recovery program.

Exactly! When I am feeling riled I've come here and either read something that is just perfect for getting my head back together or posted and been honest about something I need to say and the degree to which it helps keep me on track is remarkable. I can't be at meetings multiple times a day and this site is a life saver.

I am truly overwhelmed with gratitude for where I am right now. It's a pain-filled and sad place, but by the grace of god and through the help of Al-anon and SR... I have found peace and serenity.

I am definitely not as far along as you but I feel like in just a few weeks I've gotten so much clearer about what I want and need to do and gotten so much more peace than I've felt in a long time and it's largely attributable to the direction SR and the people on it have given me... Like you I am full of gratitude for that...