Thread: Impact on Work
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GettingBy

WTBH -

Go back through all my posts and you'll see... I'm right there with you. My business has suffered tremendously with all the personal drama/chaos over the past 6-7 months. I have been disconnected mentally and can't get the engineering done (the part I LOVE!), so the parts I really don't enjoy (taxes, billing, management) have just completely been dropped.

It's not good. And the scary thing for me is that if I don't work, and bill... there's no business revenue... no business revenue... no paycheck.

That reality is what is helping me dive head first into recovery. I NEED to get my head back. I need to get the business rolling ahead again. So, I gave myself the month of March/beginning of April as a "hall pass" so to speak, I had enough cash on hand to pay a partial salary through end of April. I had to take some pressure off myself and be patient... but I also couldn't sit and wallow in my misery either. I have responsibilities that I need to attend to.

I have to say that being patient and honest and focused on me... has paid off tremendously. In the past week... my mind has cleared, my engineering thinking has returned... and I'm getting going in a forward direction again. My HP has been by my side, sometimes carrying me... and I'm going to be OKAY!

You will too. You just have to figure out a way to detach from HIM and all the chaos. And then get focused on you, and getting yourself put back together.