View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

Hi Howdy and welcome.
I'm proud of you for seeking help and realizing you can have a better life. Some people never realize it or think that they aren't worth a better life. Although it seems you will have your problems with the DUI's let it be a lesson and learn from your mistakes.
I believe that every mistake is placed in our path to learn from. We wouldn't grow as people if we were perfect.
I screwed up when I was young. Hung out with the wrong kids, drinking and drugs were my line of work, pregnant senior year in High School, barely graduating and with a month old baby. I was accepted to Art School but chose my son over a career. I lived at home and was able to continue partying in the evening because my parents would be home to watch him. I drank and drank, met unworthy people that did absolutely nothing for me except promote my drinking.
Now 30 years later I am sober 80 days...see how long that took?? I'm SO glad you are making a decision to change now. I am so happy for you. The problems will eventually go away...then you can start fresh.