View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Howdy12

I will definitely look into the drug courts and see what I can do about it. The only issue is I plan on going to college in August, I hope the judge recognizes that and will let me serve my sentence where I'll hopefully be living.

I talked to my uncle who is an attorney and he said there are a lot of loopholes with DUI's and I should look into that with my own attorney for my case.
I just don't know if the judge would look down on me and judge me more harshly for trying to get around the legal system, even if much of what happened during my second DUI arrest was unlawful and administered incorrectly.
Maybe I should throw myself at the judge instead and somehow show how remorseful I am, how badly I want to get my life back and track and that I'm willing to do it.

I'm trying to come up with a good statement about why being a counselor at my camp this summer will be beneficial to me. If I can't work or go to school I will be completely devastated. I know I screwed up big time and I don't want to continue down this road of self-destruction. I need to help myself out of this rut, for me and for the people who care about me.

All of this uncertainty is driving me insane, I should have determined myself to stop drinking after the first DUI. The fact that I have a second one is a huge mark against me as far as court goes. I want to scream and cry and be anywhere but in my own body, I don't know what to do, and all of this is completely my fault.