View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jessiecat777

Originally Posted by Howdy12 View Post
Thank you, I appreciate that a lot. I've talked my best friend's head off about my struggle with alcohol and opiates, she told me she's tired of hearing about it. I can't blame her.

I am thankful that this did happen so early too though. Of course I'm in a lot more legal trouble since I'm not 21 but, if I'm honest with myself, I know this would have happened eventually, be it at 19 or 49.
hey don't get down about your best friend...us addicts put our loved ones through hell...i know i did!!!!! he/she will come around when they actually SEE your progress...after hearing it for years my boyfriend was sick of all....and until i showed that i was trying really trying he was sceptical which hurt...but I did it not him....and don't get me wrong it has been a long struggle to get to where we are at and believe you me it is far from perfection....but it is better than it was....every day will get better and people come around and if they don't others will be...especially other recovering addicts because we understand where you are at and how you feel.
k got to go food shopping...lol never thought i'd even do that clean and sober...goes to show that if this addict can do it at 34(old dog) you can def. do it at 19(puppy)lol hope i made you smile