Thread: drinking dreams
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 11:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MrDavid

Originally Posted by lillyknitting View Post
Anyone ever had this: woke up this morning very early, nothing strange in that, but was lying there trying to get back to sleep and started to think about the terrible hangover mornings when I was drinking. The head/face aches, terrible palpitations and anxiety with my heart pounding so hard I thought it would burst out of my body. I would lie there and try and get back to sleep to escape the pain but could not....wondering "what have I said, did I row with husband" etc etc, coupled with the guilt of the booze anyway, feeling so dreadful and panicky, get up, take a couple of tabs to feel better, feeling shaky, actually the feeling is like the world is going to end.

If I have any doubts, I never, ever, want that life back again. So utterly grateful that I don't have to drink again and I so thank God for keeping me sober another day. Thanks to everyone on SR. xx Sober Lillyknitting
I thank God for everything...good, bad or indifferent. I also thank him for the wonderful gift of fellowship -one prayer at a time.

~God bless~