Thread: New Sober Life
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SomethingBetter

New Sober Life

One of the biggest things I’ve noticed is that there isn’t enough time in a day; I know this is contradictory to what I’ve read by some of you.

I now wake up at 5 AM, do some preparations for the day, work all day and when I get home I have to follow up on many things and then go to bed, dinner and time with my family are in there somewhere but it is a small part of my week day, I hope to balance this better.

I am definitely 110% more productive, before I took my last drink a typical day started late and I done only what I needed to get by, after work I rewarded myself for making it through another day of work, family and a decent dinner hardly ever (repeat, repeat, repeat).

My days aren’t broken up anymore though, before I had sober days and drunken nights and now it just clashes all together as one long day, this part I want to balance as well with some down time after work, although now I do enjoy the weekends more because I leave work at work, I am currently sitting here at my PC instead of falling asleep behind my iPad in bed, I do enjoy the iPad in bed as I drift off reading on this great forum but I guess I am saying its finally Friday night, and finally it’s me time and alcohol isn’t a part of it and I feel great.

I do have cravings at times, I do have bad days and it’s not always easy but when it’s good it’s really good, this is what I want to remember when my alcoholic mind starts tempting me with poison… I can live without it.
I have a lot of work to do on this sober life style and I have to remember that the alcoholic mind can pop into play at any time, but today I am not going to drink. 54 days and counting…

Have a great Sober weekend everyone!