Notices

New Sober Life

Old 04-15-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Sober Life

One of the biggest things I’ve noticed is that there isn’t enough time in a day; I know this is contradictory to what I’ve read by some of you.

I now wake up at 5 AM, do some preparations for the day, work all day and when I get home I have to follow up on many things and then go to bed, dinner and time with my family are in there somewhere but it is a small part of my week day, I hope to balance this better.

I am definitely 110% more productive, before I took my last drink a typical day started late and I done only what I needed to get by, after work I rewarded myself for making it through another day of work, family and a decent dinner hardly ever (repeat, repeat, repeat).

My days aren’t broken up anymore though, before I had sober days and drunken nights and now it just clashes all together as one long day, this part I want to balance as well with some down time after work, although now I do enjoy the weekends more because I leave work at work, I am currently sitting here at my PC instead of falling asleep behind my iPad in bed, I do enjoy the iPad in bed as I drift off reading on this great forum but I guess I am saying its finally Friday night, and finally it’s me time and alcohol isn’t a part of it and I feel great.

I do have cravings at times, I do have bad days and it’s not always easy but when it’s good it’s really good, this is what I want to remember when my alcoholic mind starts tempting me with poison… I can live without it.
I have a lot of work to do on this sober life style and I have to remember that the alcoholic mind can pop into play at any time, but today I am not going to drink. 54 days and counting…

Have a great Sober weekend everyone!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know whatcha mean...I've gotten more done in the past 2 months than I had in the past 2 years. I can't believe how much can actually be accomplished during the day when you set your mind to it. No more wasting time with thinking about drinking booze, running out of booze, buying more booze, excuses to get more booze...that took up alot of time!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great Job on the 54 days!!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
-New Me-

wow, 54 days... great job.. keep it going!!! you have a great sober weekend as well. i know i will
Old 04-15-2011, 09:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Something Better

D
Old 04-16-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Yep! And congratulations on 54 days!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 54 days! I understand your thinking here. When we're sober, we expect so much more of ourselves! I was overwhelmed by the way night and day became one experience. It was no longer split into drunk time vs. hungover time. Nights and weekends were a particularly strange and uncomfortable experience, but I am happy to say that I no longer hate nights or weekends! Well, weekends still get a bit too long sometimes, but that's probably because I live alone and don't have many fun social opportunities that don't involve alcohol because I'm a college student. Then again, I live alone because my drinking got so out of control last year and nobody wanted to live with me! Because I'm not a nasty, unpleasant drunk like I used to be, I'll have roommates for my senior year.