View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 11:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
I have taken the trouble to read some of your old posts and have been struck by some of the similarities in our different histories.

I was also with my ex for over 4 years, there was a pretty substantial difference in our ages, she is still active-drinking/using.

We even 'broke up' around the same time, we were always 'breaking up'.

The only thing that has worked for me in regards to her is no contact. Period.

Every time in the past that I either initiated or responded to her contacts, I was back on the merry-go-round, with the inevitable ending, I'd get dizzy and get thrown off.

Now maybe you're one of the 'evolved at a higher level' folk that you referred to in this thread, but based on some of your posts of fairly recent vintage-posts where you referred to him as an 'idiot'-if I was betting I would say that you weren't ready to interact with him-on any level-at this time.

All written in the spirit of love, I read the posts where you mentioned how you were treated by your Mom, my Mom is alcoholic/bipolar and while she didn't treat myself or my brother very well, she was an absolute monster to my oldest sister, who still suffers from that to this day. Only good thing, she doesn't appear to have inherited the alcoholic genes.

Good luck.
Thanks. That makes me sad to read.