Old 04-12-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scolova
dude in recovery

Grateful for today and being high on sobriety.

Having some good high on life vibes this morning.

"The Loot"
Back on day3 I went to a grocery store that is in my 'comfort zone' and as I was walking through the isles I found some loot wadded up on the floor, there were a bunch of stockers working, but I was the only customer soooo... I deemed it a case of finders-keepers. I didn't look at it until I got home, but it was 27 dollars! I kinda felt a strange guilt, but I would have felt like a moron handing it over to some pimple faced kid working up front. I made a promise that I would not hand it over to a beer company and would use it for something\s I need.
A

Day4 -

"I can't drive 55.. Seriously."
35 mph has been my top-speed for many years now, but I feel like am getting better already! I went out for a drive very early this morning and there was hardly anyone on the roads. I didn't get on the freeway because I panic, I know the back roads and the service roads were empty and I got up to 45 to 50 mph comfortably. I probably drove 30 miles total and felt pretty good about it, for sure it was really dark, but I got to see some areas I hadn't been to in over 15 years.

and since I was feeling so bold (and we needed a lawn sprinkler)... I took this opportunity to experience a 'big box' store at 3:30 in the morning. :o

The 'Boob' at walmart..
Since I was on a roll of inner strength via sobriety and I had about 15 dollars left from my newly found 'loot'. I went to the greatest place on Earth (when you're sober and it's 3am in the morning) walmart! I was looking for a sprinkler since our lawn has been screaming for water and some rooting hormone for plant clippings. I felt amazingly well and confident walking into and across the store to the garden area. I spent over ten minutes just looking at the selection of sprinklers and comparing prices, which were all in the wrong place of course. Just a few days back, I would have freaked-out at just the thought of being in that store (with impending doom), I would have clung to the walls (figuratively) all the way around, then grabbed the cheapest one on the shelf and then slump back to a register and not talk to nor make eye contact with anyone. I strolled up to the cashier and exchanged a hello, along with money for the goods and receipt... oh yeah almost forgot, the BOOB!
As I was leaving the store I handed my receipt to the young, male 'greeter' who marked it and then immediately began to tell me about something he could see in a McDonld's promotional poster for the movie Hops. He asked me "can you see the apples in that poster over there", I said "I see the poster, but I don't see apples". After a few moments he walked over and pointed out a small part of the poster that showed some apple 'slices', he didn't say slices and that was a tiny picture... anyway, He said that he had been starring at the poster for quite a long time and that the curve of the apple slice looked like err... female breasts, bless his soul. I asked him "The whole time you've been starring at that poster, did you notice anything else?", "No, What?" he replied. I said "Just below the poster on the other side of that glass, there is a real woman trying to eat a meal and she can see you gawking at her with your jaw wide open." I shook my head slightly as I headed for the exit when I heard him say "Well, the security guard sees it too!"
:rotfxko
I got a good laugh out of it and no alcohol was required. Had I been drunk or hungover? I (probably) would have left that poor fella in tears.