Notices

Grateful for today and being high on sobriety.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Grateful for today and being high on sobriety.

Having some good high on life vibes this morning.

"The Loot"
Back on day3 I went to a grocery store that is in my 'comfort zone' and as I was walking through the isles I found some loot wadded up on the floor, there were a bunch of stockers working, but I was the only customer soooo... I deemed it a case of finders-keepers. I didn't look at it until I got home, but it was 27 dollars! I kinda felt a strange guilt, but I would have felt like a moron handing it over to some pimple faced kid working up front. I made a promise that I would not hand it over to a beer company and would use it for something\s I need.
A

Day4 -

"I can't drive 55.. Seriously."
35 mph has been my top-speed for many years now, but I feel like am getting better already! I went out for a drive very early this morning and there was hardly anyone on the roads. I didn't get on the freeway because I panic, I know the back roads and the service roads were empty and I got up to 45 to 50 mph comfortably. I probably drove 30 miles total and felt pretty good about it, for sure it was really dark, but I got to see some areas I hadn't been to in over 15 years.

and since I was feeling so bold (and we needed a lawn sprinkler)... I took this opportunity to experience a 'big box' store at 3:30 in the morning. :o

The 'Boob' at walmart..
Since I was on a roll of inner strength via sobriety and I had about 15 dollars left from my newly found 'loot'. I went to the greatest place on Earth (when you're sober and it's 3am in the morning) walmart! I was looking for a sprinkler since our lawn has been screaming for water and some rooting hormone for plant clippings. I felt amazingly well and confident walking into and across the store to the garden area. I spent over ten minutes just looking at the selection of sprinklers and comparing prices, which were all in the wrong place of course. Just a few days back, I would have freaked-out at just the thought of being in that store (with impending doom), I would have clung to the walls (figuratively) all the way around, then grabbed the cheapest one on the shelf and then slump back to a register and not talk to nor make eye contact with anyone. I strolled up to the cashier and exchanged a hello, along with money for the goods and receipt... oh yeah almost forgot, the BOOB!
As I was leaving the store I handed my receipt to the young, male 'greeter' who marked it and then immediately began to tell me about something he could see in a McDonld's promotional poster for the movie Hops. He asked me "can you see the apples in that poster over there", I said "I see the poster, but I don't see apples". After a few moments he walked over and pointed out a small part of the poster that showed some apple 'slices', he didn't say slices and that was a tiny picture... anyway, He said that he had been starring at the poster for quite a long time and that the curve of the apple slice looked like err... female breasts, bless his soul. I asked him "The whole time you've been starring at that poster, did you notice anything else?", "No, What?" he replied. I said "Just below the poster on the other side of that glass, there is a real woman trying to eat a meal and she can see you gawking at her with your jaw wide open." I shook my head slightly as I headed for the exit when I heard him say "Well, the security guard sees it too!"
:rotfxko
I got a good laugh out of it and no alcohol was required. Had I been drunk or hungover? I (probably) would have left that poor fella in tears.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i wonder how many people walked off with unpaid air conditioners in their cart,

while the security guard was looking at the apple boobs?

welcome to the grat pack scolova
Old 04-12-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Last edited by Reubena; 04-12-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Double posted
Old 04-12-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:rotfxko

Thank god I wasn't drinking anything when I read that b/c it would have spewed out my nose Rusty...

Welcome Scolova, thanks for the great share

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
i wonder how many people walked off with unpaid air conditioners in their cart,

while the security guard was looking at the apple boobs?

welcome to the grat pack scolova