View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

Considering this is my first (and last) 'real' quit...I'm counting! Not to the exact day because I know its 70-something.
After drinking for 30 years and never keeping track of my attempted sobriety...I am now. I tried quitting so many times in so many ways...I have no idea. Now it means something.
It has changed my life, my thinking, my habits, my spirituality and my outlook on how I view the world and myself.
It also gives me a barrier between my past life and my future. Knowing that before that date I have to forgive myself to move on in sobriety -and understand that it was addiction driven. To understand there were supressed feelings and emotions, there were lies and denial.
What lies now and ahead is a new surreal life of sobriety. Open, clean and honest.

I'm not asking for a gold watch every yearly quarter but I think its' important for us as addicts in a supportive setting to encourage others that are struggling by showing them success can be won and that we need to proceed in our daily battles of overcoming this monster. Wow, that was a long sentence.