Thread: Where I'm at...
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by GettingBy View Post
I don't know - maybe at some point I'll figure out that I don't need my heart and head in the same place, and I'll just move on.

When the pain of staying outweighs the pain of going...
This is exactly what happened for me. I actually knew Iwas done, beyond a doubt, but I wouldn't give myself permission. I couldn't get around the guilt and idea that I should be doing something different to either make it work or make myself except what I had. I got married, had children, and by golly - I had planned to die married and raise my children in an intact home and I ought to figure that out one way or another!

But a shift occurred and it seemed like there was only one *livable* solution and that was to leave. Staying no longer seemed like an option I could withstand. So I moved forward despite the storm of negative emotions and in my head I knew it was right - even in my heart I knew it was right - but it didn't 'feel' right all the way through.

It did eventually all fall into place. I have regrets today, but they are not surrounding my decision to divorce. That space was not a livable one.