Old 04-10-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I don't believe my 'hiding' mine was guilt. I was not 'hiding' them I was 'stashing' them so I would NOT run out.

Barb is right .............. I have an insulin I take that is in a pen, Levemir. It is long lasting. I take 50 units every night. The pens are suppose to have 300 units in them, but in reality have a bit more, so over time, when it is time to refill and get another box of 5 pens (once a month) I now have 3 pens left. I still get it filled right on the date and before long I will be up to an 'extra' box for that 'just in case' that may come. Again a fear of not having something I need desperately to stay alive.

I too, like Barb do this with my other meds also.

I also have to say, I never really cared how many bottles were in the trash each week, just never dawned on me that the trash men might be counting, rofl I had full bottles of Jack Daniels everywhere. In the kitchen, in the bar in the dining room, in my closet, between the nightstand and the bed on my side, in the toilet tank (never did figure out why on that one), in the basement, in the trunk of my car, in the garage. Just couldn't run out.

Just where this A was coming from. Oh and even when I ended up living the streets of Hollywood, and had graduated from Jack Daniels to Thunderbird wine, I always had two more bottles of the T-Bird for back up and when I opened the first of the back up bottles it was time to get more. I just could not run out. It was out of fear of what would happen if I did.

Love and hugs,