View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

I've drug around a treadmill for the last 10 years, and I've moved now 7 times since I bought it. It's pint sized compared to the ones in the fancy health clubs, and it does fold up, but I've gotten an earful from anyone who has helped me load or unload it when moving. It's a beast and then some.

They always ask why I would want to haul it around, why not sell it and get some bucks for it.

The truth is, it's where I turn when I need to tune-out. I put on my ear buds and I'm in my own world. I can walk a steady pace for hours if given the chance. For me, it's my zen.

Focusing with all that we have to deal with in an average life is hard enough. Add to that an addiction in our lives, by nature at attention seeking black hole, and it's any wonder we manage to function at all.

Go easy on yourself and try to tune out when you can. Having productive outlets is key to healthy living. Hang onto the MC if it works for you. Get engrossed in it before you sit down to do school work. You will feel more focused when you've had a chance to clear out the cobwebs first.

Alice