View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 04:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fixer

Hard time focusing

As my wife's court date approaches and the reality of it all is settling in I'm having a difficult time on focusing. I started working on my motorcycle a couple of days ago, and yesterday I was dealing with the tedious part of calculating valve clearance and proper shim size. I could not get it right. I was planning on going to an Al-anon meeting but lost track of time. I have 2 homework assignments due Monday (last class in a second bachelors program, and a masters program class) but can't get rolling. I need to go to a meeting and do a run. This whole A thing is tiering and I've just about had enough.

My wife is making the big push to stay together, where 2 weeks ago she was confiding in friends and family on how she wanted to leave, now she is praising my virtues. I bought the motorcycle last year to extend the life of my car and mitigate gas usage since my new job is a 120mi/day commute. My manager is more receptive of me working from home now that I've proven to be a good employee, my wife said sell the bike. However I kind of like it, takes my mind off things. I never believed in the zen of anything but I have to say there is something to this MC thing. Now she is asking about doing more on the MC.

My mind is still wondering, still a lot of emotions to deal with, heading to a meeting this AM. Thanks for reading..