View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I have discussed with my sponsor.. he is on the fence, stating exactly what you did but also thinking that I might be better off really working on some things individually. He thinks the relationship might be putting extra strain on my recovery even though that strain is basically self imposed on my behalf.

Regret is my biggest fear.
Okay. then the next phase for you is take out a sheet of paper or two, lol draw a line the long way, down the page, write PRO on one side and CON on the other.

Now you can start a Pro/Con List about this situation. this may take weeks not days to complete as you will think of more and more items to put on one side or the other.

Then when you truly believe you are done with the list, take it to your sponsor and go over it. By seeing the pros and cons in black and white is usually the best way to make a decision, as it stops all the 'stuff' swirling around in the brain.

Hope this helps you come to a solution. This process has helped myself and many others that I have worked with, when we start obsessing over a particular problem and the thoughts are bouncing all over the place in my/our heads.

Love and hugs,