Old 04-03-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
jstar

Originally Posted by WritingFromLife View Post

I drank with my girlfriends (who are all "polished" with successful careers) at home or out at lunch on a sunny patio (which turned into drinking through the evening) several times a month and thought I was the life of the party (I WAS to my drinking girlfriends!) i also drank at home during the week to "get out of my head" (it was JUST WINE, right? Ha.) One day, my husband said the same thing yours did. He has a highly tolerant/patient personality and is not a tee totaler--so this threw me for a loop; if HE'S saying that, I'm not just fooling MYSELF. I already knew my mind worked better on a daily basis without alcohol. It took away my "edge my drive.
Sounds like me...I go out once a month with my girlfriends. It used to be social and fun just to hang out with them. Now I want to know where is the after-party & I always byob...they never have my "choice". It used to be a sunny day by the pool and now it's "Monday" or "Thursday" or I've had a. Long week....

I know this is the new to recovery section....I want to be new...to know what is so great about life without a bottle in the cabinet...how is that possible?