View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 09:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
complicated

i've been there......

i have experienced this. Just recently i decided to make a serious effort to refrain from drinking. My drinking had gotten progressively worse after a few too many bad events in my life. The cravings can be unbearable as I'm sure you know. I usually only make it a day or two before i just cant stand it. Even though the cravings can be completely unbearable, i managed to push through it, then after about 3 days cold turkey sober.........i start waking up in the middle of the night "seeing things"
The first time it was so weird, i woke up all of the sudden and saw a swarm of "crab-like" creatures on the wall coming toward me. It was weird though cuz i wasn't scared, i was aware it was not real, i was just like "that's stupid". However, after i went back to sleep, it happened like 2 or 3 more times that night. Even though i knew it wasn't real, it freaked me out that it kept happening. This has happened to me two other times so far. The next time my ceiling looked like sea anemone, just swaying back and forth, and where my light was it looked like something was trying to push through my ceiling(to get me i guess?) and i'd shut my eyes and be like, its not real. Then the last time it was my ceiling again, with stalactite looking things coming down with dragon heads at the bottom, reaching toward me.now i have some pretty severe anxiety about experiencing that again which is really not helping me in my efforts to be sober.......