View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
delldell

Help-I am Scared

I am really scared and do not know where to turn or what to do.Background-my son 24yrs old has been doing drugs on and off since he was 19.It got really bad and then he got sick and stopped for awhile. He was diagnosed with Cronhs Disease last year and has no insurance so his medical bills are very high.He works for my husband and pays on them a little at a time.He lives with us(mom,dad, and 12yr sister).He went to a doctor who gives him methadone to help with the pain of crohns and for his drug addition.He does not abuse the methadone as we keep it in a safe and give him his dose each day.He did fairly well but about 1 or 2 a month he either gets very drunk,smokes pot or takes a xanax.When he does that with his methadone it makes him so loopy and my husband starts going off on him,it upsets his sister well you get the idea.Then my son promises not to do anything and for about a month he does good and then 1 day he does some kind of drug and here we go again.If we threw him out he would really haveno where to go, he does not even have a car.He would lose his job as he rides to work every day with hubby.Tonight he took some nightquill(at least that is what he says) and is messed up.We told him to go to his room-no phone computer etc(its hard to reason with someone who is messed up)well he took my laptop and when i noticed it was gone i went to his room and said you thief you took my laptop. well he went crazy calling me names that he has never said to me so i told him tomorrow morning to pack his clothes and get out.then he burns his arms with cigerattes and threatens suicide (which he used to cut on his arms and was diagnosed bi polar but that was before the drug addiction.So now what do i do?If i throw him out he really has no where to go no money and i really think he will try to kill himself. If i threw him out my daughter would go nuts.She is very mad at him but loves him so much and i think she would blame me.I know this is long and there is much more to tell but i need to know what i can do now.