View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
luckedog

Secular Connections

I have been reading some old post’s on this secular thread as an example;

“I am always astonished at how many like-minded folks post in this section."

"this is the place on SR where I find the most like-minded people"

"This thread is very helpful to me. Hooray for reprogramming and the power of changing one's thoughts."

I could site many other like minded comments but these should suffice for an example. The problem I have is if this is such a great thread ( And I believe it is) why don’t more people post down here? I mean, we discuss some really important subjects- The ones who post here are some of the “best and brightest”. They are fair- open minded individuals that are experienced enough to give good solid, helpful advice, So my question is Why aren’t there more of us?
I’M not saying this to hurt ANYONES feelings but the fact is I get a little weary at listening to some of the immature whining that goes on some of the other threads. Am I the only one that sees it that way? Please don’t lecture me about not being sensitive enough to the newbie’s and those who relapse, I have been there many, many times! I would do anything I could to help that group. The fact is that I need someplace to go to be challenged mentally, encouraged emotionally, and made to question and ( confirm or deny) spiritual issues. That is vital to my continuing sobriety!
Thanks to all of you here on the Secular side, you have all been a big help!