Old 03-26-2011, 01:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
blwninthewind

I am SO a codie.
Got my yrly job review. What a joke.
Apparently I'm unflexible because I go to school full time and when I was hired almost a year ago it was under the contingency that my school would come first and I would work only 2-3 shifts a week. Currently I work the same 2 shifts every week (they are the most unwanted ones on the schedule by the way). I will not allow them to schedule me for more, but have traded or helped out coworkers by covering if I can. But that is "unflexible" and I need to "develop" more in that area. ummm okay?!

I snapped at a customer (who was incredibily rude and condescending to me; not excusing it but after a 20 min conversation that was going NO where..I lost my patience as it's not rocket science...they just wanted something for nothing and I said NO. But that got me....a "needs development" when it comes to customer service. Forget about all the other times I've gone over and beyond what other employees do...that ONE instance wiped all that out for the entire past yr. I even apologized for snapping at them w/out having to be called out on it. Yet...nope my whole yr of doing good work is gone because of it.

and I signed the damn thing.
I'm sure I didn't help them by saying though...yup I'm inflexible and don't expect that to change anytime soon.

I shouldn't have signed it. I know it doesn't really mean anything and I could care less if they find that my school schedule causes them problems. I mean, they act like I'm a moron most of the time so why would they even want me to work more than I do?
but the codie in me just threw in the towel and signed it rather than state my case on the issues they felt I need work on.

If I were not a codie I don't think I would have signed it. I would have pushed for it to be written in a more specific way that explains that there was 1 instance of me being short w/ a customer, the paper I signed made it sound like it's a daily occurance. and the flexibility part, I should have asked for it to say that I was hired based on the fact I would work a max of 2 shifts a week, and now they want me to work more than that, so while it's inconvenient for them, it really isn't a personal flaw or something that I can or want to address as a true problem area.
but again...I'm a codie and we codies don't do that. we sign it and then go home and cry because we feel we are being taken for granted, our work is unappreciated and we are held to impossible standards.
I WISH I weren't a codie...