View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Sending hugs for you and the little one, Jayscott. One quick hint: make and bring a note with you that you can keep right in front of you with what you really want (the monitored visitation, random testing, etc.), even though it seems like something that you wouldn't forget. I was so freaked out about being in the same room as XAH and then his GF that I did forget. A note would have been immeasurably helpful.

The judge and lawyer will probably ask as they go over the court order info if you have any questions or if there was anything else to be discussed. With the note in front of you, you can check off the items that have been covered and easily see if they've forgotten to address the random testing, or that they talked about the possibility but haven't yet set it out as a requirement....

It also helped me get over any guilt about having a lawyer hammer at XAH to remember the story about the scorpion and the frog crossing the river and to remember that XAH is a scorpion no matter how pathetic and sympathetic that he tried to appear.

Wishing you continued strength and peace.