View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Jayscott...I want to give you a hug. Since I can't, would you feel silly giving yourself a hug, and telling yourself it comes from some Canadian mama somewhere?

Honestly, you've done ALL you can for your AH, and I'm gratified to see your Papa Bear instincts are coming out.

Yes, the ex parte is Wednesday, but your wife's lawyer is paid (by you?) to deal with such things. I work in a law firm and I can tell you that a lot of lawyers get a KICK out of the rush of last minute proceedings. Besides, they don't do all the work...they have junionrs, paralegals and assistants running around for them. Please don't worry about the opposing party's lawyer. IMO, he's fighting a losing battle since his client keeps screwing up.

Besides, your application for a temp custody order isn't mean to FOREVER remove custody from your AW. You simply want strict legal boundaries put in place to prevent her from harming your child. You are taking the next logical step considering her continued binging post rehab.

It is sad to have to take these measures but your AW has forced your hand. IMO, where children are concerned, you have to take out the big guns.

*hugs* to you!