View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by LS2 View Post
I didn't report it..yet. What if it's to late? it happened early this morning and now its 10pm. I didn't get my copy of the OFP picked up and couldn't because of the weather. I guess i would have jumped on reporting it if it was something harassing. I said the same thing to my mom that he is just "testing the waters"

I didn't even call the advocacy place. It's 24 hour so I could.

I just wanted to enjoy my day with my kids without dealing with things. Which was kind of dumb..

That is right it is just a piece of paper without using it..Thanks for your support/advice.
It's a text message. I don't think there's an expiration as long as it's within a particular timeframe. There's a lot of reasons for not reporting things right away - fear, confusion, not opening the message, not checking to see who the message was from, at work and unable to slip away and not wanting the whole office to know, etc, etc, etc.

I can understand wanting to enjoy the day without dealing with things. It's not "dumb" - it's a natural reaction to stressful things. It happens. It's okay.

It's hard, yes, but if you don't defend your boundaries now when he's just poking at them, it may be harder to defend them later when he's blatantly disrespecting them.
It's better to get the practice now.