Thread: The Lonely Room
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

I know that being alone and feeling lonely are two different thing. I like being alone. I am comfortable in my own skin enough that I can sit here forever -alone. I have two dogs that keep me busy and an 18 year old daughter that shows up occassionally. LOL
When my kids were little (I have 4) we would do projects. Make dough (or use play dough), make costumes, have plays, watch movies and draw your favorite character, bake -alot of sugar cookies, muffins. Making applesauce is time consuming and fun. Have an ice cream sundae day. Make mud pies in the yard.
Go to more meetings during the week. Join a play group, join the gym, join a volunteer group, a senior citizen group that needs help driving or help cleaning or even walking their dogs...OMG...I can think of endless things...!! Local hospitals need help sometimes...tell them your situation and I bet they'd find something for you to do.

You have to get out of that mindset of poor me. I know its rough in the beginning but thinking outside the box helps for me. Like my counselor says "Poor Me, Pour Me Another Drink". Lets stay away from that! LOL Good Luck.