View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

In general I'm with suki on this. Your other thread is pretty full of honest, deep, painful experiences and it sounds like you're still moving forward and only you can control that.
To quote Cyranoak, "Take what you want, leave the rest."

Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXXX View Post
...We already live together and raise our kids together (I do most of the raising LMAO).
Gosh. Do you think your kid/s are laughing their asses off about this? I grew up with alcoholic parents and I've never laughed at any of the abuse I was put through because of their choices.

We have a chapel rented and I have a dress that I feel like a million bucks in....
Chump-change when compared to what's really valuable.

...I'm 38, and I have looked forward to this wedding, but more importantly to a marriage....
I understand how you feel but if you're going to remain focused on this concept, be prepared to look forward to some of the worst experiences of your life. Sad but true. Harsh but real. Only you'll make that call. I've just been there, done that.

Anyone else have an A that is so bad at hiding it?
They're all bad at it. It's a lack of their ability to complete a simple task. It's obvious that he's on the sly about his drinking and yet he can't even successfully cover himself up.
How well is he going to succeed at parenting, love, marriage, life?

Does he want me to call him on the rug about it?
No. He doesn't care what you think or say or feel. You think he has enough motivation and mental clarity to plot out some big plan to let you find his beer cans so he can get called out? It's not a sick game he's playing with you. I'm sorry but it's a sick game you're playing with yourself.
I hope this illustrates exactly what it means when we suggest people start working on themselves.
Side from that, he's just drinking and forgetful and in general lacking the mental capacity to follow through.

Do you?
I'm learning to keep my mouth shut. I need to be a big boy about my own life and take care of my son.