View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tryder

am i an alcoholic

hi everyone,

quick intro so everyone knows where we are -

im 24, have been dirnking since i was about 15. for the last 5 months ive only had a dirnk 4 times, and each time got hammered.

my problem has always been that i cnt stop. for a few years my life consisted of driving straight from work on a demo site to the pub, getting slaughtered, and repeating the next day. recvering on the weekend and starting again on the monday.

I cant just have 1 drink. the times when i would only have 4 cans in the fridge, i would purposely not dirnk them until i KNEW i could get more, because just having a couple was like torture.

even now, if i have the best intentions in the world to only have 1 dirnk, only half a lager, it all goes wrong after i get the taste for it. the last 4 occasions have proved that.

i make no presumptions about other people, but i had always assumed an alcoholic was someone who literally needed a drink because they were physically addicted to it. so am i classed as an alcoholic even tho i can go without a drink without suffering withdrawal?

Many thanks for your time and any replies.

Regards,

Tom