Old 03-15-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Moo Moos

hi folks, just a quick post to say hello and to tell you I am doing well back in the land of reality. Day 10 for me..gutted as it could have been a lot longer. I know it is only a number but it amazing how proud you become of the time clocked. On the other hand it was a very important learning curve and to be honest I am still surprised the damage was not more than the three drinks...with my history it could have been 3 days, 3 weeks or years so for that I am truly grateful.

I had a great weekend, action packed with football matches, dropping, collecting, visiting and visitors which was great. My dad is in a home, he has dementia and had to have his leg amputated 2 years ago due to health complications...well he finally got a motorized wheelchair...teaching him to drive properly nearly has me on Valium. Boy did I watch some serious crashes over the weekend. Imagine being run over in your old folks home by another resident lol lol So brilliant to see the freedom he has gained though....Im rambling again.

Swan Thanks a mill for a really interesting post. So funny how our prospective on things change when sober and wanting to live a sober life. Its great that you recognize the warning signs and risks. I always enjoy reading your posts

Really: glad you are feeling a little better. I get the whole tired thing also. I spent a small fortune this week on vitamins just trying to put a spring back in my step. Funny if I was dehydrated prior to sobriety you'd imagine I would be better now but I don't drink enough water and I know that has a knock on effect on lack of energy I have. Hopefully your energy will bounce back shortly too.

Tom glad to hear things are coming back, I am dazzled by the distances you cycle. It must be great to have the freedom on the road. Now that would get my energy levels up. Well done you to be preparing mentally for the trip and the encounters with alcohol. Thats what I had done but all my best laid plans just got swept away in the sunshine of Madrid!! Well it can stay in Madrid too!!

Anyway must go..need some sleep my eldest daughter was 15 today so it has been all go...I felt so emotional today as she seems to be growing up so fast. She is such a lovely girl and I know I am biased but everyone says it about her and she makes me very proud!! Long may she remain that way..more rambling..ps...its freezing here in Ireland. Night Night all Hils