View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

I was gonna say the same thing as failed taper. Aerosmith, in general took a rehab break. From what I understand...all of them for various reasons, family, self destructing, health, etc. They could go into a hotal and literally trash the joint with a wild night of booze and women.
Come clean and sober, they got back together...alittle clinking, clanking and twanging and thought -jeeze, we can't do this anymore.
But here they are after 40 years of jamming and better than ever. And I might add that Steven Tyler is HOT!
If you actually HAVE a talent that god gave you -it is worth the struggle to break out of the stereotype and try it 'your way'. You may be surprised how much better you actually are, how much better you feel about gigging and you will gain more respect from your followers.
Bruce Stringsteen did kind of the opposite. He knew he had to take advantage of his fame while he could in the 80's -do it sober, do it right. While other band members were getting honked and blowing cash he was investing his money and living clean.

They both must have like a gajillion dollars by now.
And you might realize, being sober, that you have a better handle and more control over your career.

Good Luck!