View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ToBeSerene

Thank You! Your imput means everything ...

Thumper - I have filed for divorce but it was after his last binge. We agreed to a divorce and I moved out of the bedroom before his last binge. He is definitely in the selfish-entitlement stage ... I know that I must look out for myself now.

Lexie - you post stated "negotiate" and that really got me thinking too. I have to look at the big picture on not just each item that pops up. Our house appraisal came in today and his pension valuation should be in by Friday. That will paint the big picture.

Rolltide & GettingBy - I've been thinking that's the "old" me but you caught me at it again! Manipulation - they are goood. But I do feel good now - stronger than I have in years. I feel now I can see and feel things more clearly and I'm better at making decisions that put myself in first consideration.

I have met with an attorney and she was great. She's willing to work with me hourly (no retainer) as she see's I'm in a pickle. We are also closing our bankrupcty (ch.7) at the same time. I can appreciate the cost of fighting too - attorney fees add up fast. But he stated today that he will not use my half of the pension towards my buy out of the home. It's my childhood home - bought it from my parents and they live on a 2nd home on our property (protected by contract - living will estate) anyways - I think I need to get my attorney working tomorrow ... based on a conversation I just had with him minutes ago.

I so appreciate your input - means alot right now