Thread: Boundaries?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
helplessinvan

Thanks to all of you for your welcomes and replies, I feel better having finally posted something, and getting back such kind words and advice.

Cynical One - thanks for sending actual examples of some boundaries... it's easier now to think of ones I need to set, now I just need to actually put into practice.

Why is it so easy to think about boundaries, write them down, actually say them out loud to myself while driving home from work, but as soon as I walk in the door - they get stuck in my throat? I know, I'm such a scardey cat - and that worries me too because I have never thought of myself as one who would not stand up for myself, however, this situation has made me realize how much crap I put up with!! Why? Now I am questioning who I am...where did that come from?

Funny how if I were an observer to this situation, say, if my friend was in the same situation i am in, I would tell her what she should be doing and how she should be doing it etc - but when the shoe is on my foot - I can't do anything at all...I know WHAT i should do, but CAN'T do it, or i guess, WON'T do it?

Makes me realize that I should never judge anyone and/or their situations or tell them what to do - which I am guilty of doing, until I've lived in their shoes, I can't say anything.