Thread: UGH...saw my AH
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DestinyM

Oh, I was so there myself this week. I hadn't seen my AH in 3 weeks and even after the incident that separated us AGAIN, since I didn't see him drinking I kept trying to believe he was just a dry drunk when he exploded weeks before. I know, I know, i was in denial. Well, any denial I had was gone when I spoke to him and agreed to meet him -- in a public place -- to talk. Not at first, not until I was seduced back into bed and afterwards he had to make a quick run. Like I don't know the put a bit of toothpaste on your tongue routine after 8 freaking years of this BS? Can you imagine he thought it was okay that he wasn't drinking hard liquor or beer but wine? Did he not just spend over a month in an inpatient treatment program learning all about this disease? Did he not remember the checklists he did about the disease and where he was on the whole disease scale? Did he forget that when he got to the program they told him his BAC was so high they were surprised he was still alive? And then he blamed me for the relapse!!

I sat down today and mapped out a F2F meeting for every night this week and called the therapy center I went to back in '05 for re-intake. I printed out Slogans and Steps and everything I could think of to post all over my bedroom. He made not want help and recovery but I DEFINITELY do!