View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 01:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
concernednurse

Codependency in "reality"

Now that I have really educated myself deeply on codependency and realize how badly it has effected me (thanks to my RABF, my obsessiveness on SR, my reading and self reflection, and therapy), I am now in tune to codependency EVERYWHERE! I first noticed it this week on the new Real World: Las Vegas, with Adam the manipulator, and Nany the codependent who needs to be needed. Then, I saw it on Jersey Shore, with Sammy and Ron. She left for a few days, got her head straight aka focussed on herself without being in contact with Ron, and "changed." Then she came back, felt great about HERSELF, and she saw "changes" in Ron, too. Then, introduce alcohol and BOOM... fight, fight, fight. As soon as they stopped focussing on themSELVES and started focussing their energy back onto each OTHER, they fell right back into codependency land and craziness. Volatile. And you know what's crazier? I can see it so obviously on TV, I don't even know these people. But I am seeing it in my OWN life, with people i know personally! It's crazy. I'm sure its because I'm tuned into it right now, but holy cow... are there really any balanced people in the world that don't have to work a program to be sane? I guess we all really do come with baggage...