View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BobbyJ

Well...A miracle did happen!!!

It just didnt include my RAH...Ha Ha Ha Ha

Wanted to take a minute & share this story: I have an male friend who I have had general conversations with over the past 2 years.

( NOW YOU HAVE TO GET A CLEAR VISUAL OF THIS GUY IN YOUR HEAD to enjoy the rest of the story) ha ha - A BIG HA HA!!!

He looks like a caveman (wild 60's hippy type) but probably is about 47 years old.
He has the most sweetest & outgoing personality I have ever met in a person. I often wondered if he even knew what a church was or even a barber shop...

We got talking the other night and he tells me he is moving next week also. I asked him why and he told me it was Gods plan...I about fell off my chair..I was like, WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY??? I think my husband just said the same thing...Up chuck!

He said, Yep, thats why you havent seen me alot, I have been in a recovery program at the church for the last year.

Im tired of living like this, Im getting clean shaved, moving, taking a managers position, and following "HIS PLAN" (meaning God).

He said, I dont buy that crap about diesase or Im sick, it's all about MY CHOICES...I have walked on the dark side long enough and Im moving on with the Boss!
And in between his conversation, there was alot of words like: Dudes, Chillin...
And all about God....

** I dont know about you, but I call that some AWESOME recovery ***
He doesnt attend AA class, he attends a program called Recovery and follows
the steps...

Hope you enjoyed hearing a story of a great recovery. (1 Year Sober)

It opened my eyes up: To see what a happy recovering person looks/sounds like...

Big Difference than what Im use to hearing from my RAH....